Escalation is looking for a talented User Interface Designer to work on our next big thing.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Designing logic, layout, and flow of all in game User Interface (UI) including: HUD, menus, etc.
- Works closely with Art Director to determine presentation of UI.
- Collaborate with Producers, Game Designers and Programmers on UI designs.
- Responsible for implementing and scripting all parts of the UI, including all frontend menus and in-game elements.
Qualified candidates must possess and demonstrate the following skills
- Strong foundation in usability and accessibility of UI design.
- Able to transform an idea into a well-structured, efficient, user experience.
- Strong, versatile 2D skills. One minute we’re working on Rage, the next it’s Disney Infinity.
- Knowledgeable about current and upcoming trends with regard to UI design.
- Able to wireframe ideas and present them to stakeholders within the company.
- Experience working in a real-time game engine.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to manage initiatives with limited supervision and possess good decision making skills.
- Experience working with version control software (SVN, Perforce, etc).
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the following
- Strong understanding of UX and information architecture.
- Familiarity with usability testing and ability to interpret results.
- Strong interest and background in data visualization.
- Strong observational and listening skills; ability to recognize user experience needs and convert into UI design.
Send your resume along with sample links or files to jobs.
Please include: “Application: UI Designer” in the subject line.